The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA (HBSPCA) is a private non-profit animal welfare charity. The HBSPCA protects animals from people, cares for animals in its companion animal hospital, kennels and foster homes and promotes responsible pet ownership.
A community where all animals have the opportunity to enjoy the five essential freedoms:
- freedom from hunger and thirst
- freedom from pain, injury and disease
- freedom from distress
- freedom from discomfort
- freedom to express behaviours that promote well-being
- Support access to services which help sustain healthy, safe and wanted animals in our community
- Protect animals from harm or potential harm
- Deliver best practice animal care so they may live their natural life in good health
- Lead the development a more humane community and more responsible pet ownership through programs, education, and collaboration
- We are Curious: we strive to be a leader by actively seeking out evidence-based best practices.
- We are Collaborative: we partner with individuals and organizations.
- We act with Integrity: we act from an ethical framework.
- We act with Respect: we treat animals and people with dignity.
- We are Compassionate: we are caring, empathetic and understanding.
- We practice Stewardship: we are caretakers of animal welfare, and of the reputation and resources of the HBSPCA.
- We are Transparent: we are open and honest about what we do, how we do it, and the challenges we face.
- We are Accountable: we are responsible for our actions.
Proud Member of the:
Our Charitable Registration Number: 11923 6750 RR0001