The HBSPCA offers student placements each semester, in fall, winter and summer. The goal of these placements is to give students an opportunity to gain practical experience to help determine their career path and to assist them in gaining valuable experience in a workplace setting.
Interested in a co-op placement? Here’s what you need to know:
- Students can download a co-op application here or request an application from your guidance or co-op teacher.
- When your application is completed please return to your teacher, who will notify you of the date and time of your interview.
- Interviews are facilitated by 2 or 3 staff in a small group setting, to give you an opportunity to meet and ask questions to the staff working in the various programs.
- Your teacher will notify you if you have been accepted into the Co-op Program, within one week of your interview.
- Companion Animal Hospital Co-op
- Kennel Assistant (Cat Care) Co-op
- Assessment Assistant (Dogs) Co-op
- Kennel Assistant (Dog Care) Co-op