Junior Counselor Program (Formerly Leader in Training)
Are you interested in building leadership skills while earning volunteer hours? The Junior Counselor program may be for you!
The Junior Counselor program at the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA is open to youth ages 13-15 and runs for the week of March Break camp and all weeks during Summer camp. Youth receive on-site orientation to the SPCA as well as specific camp orientation and roles and responsibilities. They will then support our camp counselors during one week of camp while under the supervision of an experienced camp counselor and camp supervisor. The Junior Counselor Program is a great way to build a resume.
Junior Counselors can earn up to 40 volunteer hours during a week of camp. Certificates are handed out at the end of each week to verify hours.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE SUMMER 2017 PROGRAM.
DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2017
- In cases of Statutory Holidays, camp runs for 4 days. Thus, youth will earn up to 32 hours during those weeks.
- Certificates are handed out at the end of each week to verify hours. A $10 administrative fee will apply to reissue a certificate.
- Youth are responsible for providing additional forms their school may require to verify hours.
- Youth are only able to apply for 1 week at a time for the summer program.
- If selected, youth will be invited to participate in a group interview before registering for the program. 5 youth are selected for each week of the program.