Why should I microchip my pet?
Micro chipping is a wonderful thing you can do for your pet.
Pets that have microchips have a far greater chance of being reunited with their family when they get lost, or even stolen. According to the American Humane Association, only 22% of lost dogs overall were returned to their families, while the return-to-owner rate for micro chipped dogs was over 52%.
Microchips are approximately the size of a grain of rice and are inserted beneath an animal’s skin, between its shoulder blades. The process is painless and takes about 2 minutes. Each microchip has a unique identification number and contains contact information for the pet’s owner. A scanner is used to collect the information on the microchip once it has been inserted. Each microchip (only one per animal is necessary) costs $20, and provides a permanent means of identification for each pet.
Where can I go to have the procedure done?
The HBSPCA hosts microchip clinics. Chips are $20 per animal and no appointment is necessary.
Upcoming Rabies/Microchip Clinics:
- Monday February 26th, 2018 | 4-7 pm | at HBSPCA – 245 Dartnall Rd |No appointment necessary.
- Monday April 9th, 2018 | 4-7 pm | at HBSPCA – 245 Dartnall Rd |No appointment necessary.
2017 Microchips & Rabies Vaccines To Date:
- January 22nd, 2017: 66 microchips implanted
- February 26th, 2017: 25 microchips implanted
- March 4th, 2017: 81 microchips implanted and 112 rabies vaccines administered
- March 12th, 2017: 6 microchips implanted
- March 30th, 2017: 79 microchips implanted and 94 rabies vaccines administered
- June 29th, 2017: 190 microchips implanted and 189 rabies vaccines administered
- July 31st, 2017: 99 microchips implanted and 98 rabies vaccines administered
- September 21st, 2017: 109 microchips implanted and 104 rabies vaccines administered
- November 6th, 2017: 61 microchips implanted and 72 rabies vaccines administered
2017 Total Numbers: 716 microchips implanted and 669 rabies vaccines administered!
For more information on micro-chipping, contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.