Why should I microchip my pet?
Micro chipping is a wonderful thing you can do for your pet.
Pets that have microchips have a far greater chance of being reunited with their family when they get lost, or even stolen. According to the American Humane Association, only 22% of lost dogs overall were returned to their families, while the return-to-owner rate for micro chipped dogs was over 52%.
Microchips are approximately the size of a grain of rice and are inserted beneath an animal’s skin, between its shoulder blades. The process is painless and takes about 2 minutes. Each microchip has a unique identification number and contains contact information for the pet’s owner. A scanner is used to collect the information on the microchip once it has been inserted. Each microchip (only one per animal is necessary) costs $25, and provides a permanent means of identification for each pet.
Pets must be a minimum of 16 weeks old to receive a Rabies vaccine.
If your pet received a Rabies vaccine last year please bring that paperwork with you.
Where can I go to have the procedure done?
The HBSPCA hosts Microchip/Rabies clinics.
Rabies vaccine : $25.00
Microchip : $25.00
We also offer microchip by appointment for $35.00. To schedule an appointment please contact Gemma at email@example.com
Upcoming Microchip Clinic
- Microchip only clinic – Saturday Nov 30th, 2019 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Special Home for the Holidays price of $20 each
- This is microchip ONLY!
2019 Microchip & Rabies Vaccines To Date:
- January 21st: 55 rabies vaccines | 31 microchips
- March 4th: 93 rabies vaccines | 44 microchips
- May 13th: 98 rabies vaccines | 44 microchips
- May 30th: 95 rabies vaccines | 30 microchips
- June 27th: 67 rabies vaccines | 25 microchips
- August 12th: 79 rabies vaccines | 25 microchips
- September 16th: 58 rabies vaccines | 23 microchips
- November 4th: 54 rabies vaccines | 16 microchips
In 2018 we implanted 537 microchips in dogs and cats, and vaccinated 704 pets against rabies at these clinics!