The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA camp programs promotes respect, kindness, and compassion for all living things. We offer fun and informative presentations about proper pet care, pet safety, how to stay safe around animals, owner responsibility, and animal knowledge of many kinds. Campers learn and have fun through periods of hands on socialization with small animals, games, activities, crafts, and contests. Special guest speakers come in to talk to the children about their area of expertise. There will be time every day for the kids to interact with animals, but please be advised that children will not work with animals all day long.
|Ages:||6-11 years old|
|Camp Location:||Hamilton/Burlington SPCA, 245 Dartnall Road, Hamilton|
|Dates:||7 individual weeks throughout the summer, beginning July 3rd.|
|Times:||Camp runs from 9 am to 4 pm
Camp drop off is between 8:30am and 9:00am
Camp pick up is between 4:00pm and 4:30pm
|Cost:||$200.00 for weeks 1-5 and 7-8 — payment due at time of registration
$120.00 for a SHORT week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday ONLY) – payment due at time of registration
$160.00 for week 6 (4 day week) – payment due at time of registration
|Registration:||Register now as spaces fill up very quickly!|
|Extended Supervision:||We offer extended supervision from 8:00-8:30am and from 4:30-5:00pm for $6.00 per half hour.|
Campers have two scheduled animal interactions every day, games, crafts and more. Please be advised campers will not work with animals all day long.
Clothing- We encourage campers to dress for weather conditions and dress in layers. Opened toed shoes ARE NOT permitted at camp. Campers wearing flip flops or sandals will need to sit out on certain activities. Please send campers with running shoes. Campers are given a t-shirt on their first day of camp – we encourage them to wear the shirt for the duration of the program.
What to bring – The following items are recommended:
- extra change of clothes
- extra change of socks
- outdoor clothing
- any medication required with instructions (please see medication instructions on registration form)
- Do not pack valuable items as the SPCA takes no responsibility for any personal belongings brought to camp
- Please label everything! Everything left in our lost and found without a label will be donated
Lunch and Snacks- Please pack a lunch, a minimum of three drinks, and two snacks for your child. Please note that there is no pop machine or water fountain available. Drinking water is available from the sink. ** Due to some children having severe allergies, we ask that you pack nut-free snacks and lunches**
- Camp hours are from 8:30am to 4:30pm daily.
- Extended supervision is available 8:00am-8:30am and 4:00-4:30pm at the cost of $6 per half hour.
- If not paid in advance, payment (exact change) must be made to the Camp Supervisor upon pick up.
- All campers must be picked up by 5:00 at the latest. Parents arriving late will be charged a full extra ½ hour.
Emergencies- In the case of an emergency, camp staff will phone the contacts that you have listed in the ‘emergency contact’ section of this registration form. In the case of a life threatening situation an ambulance will be called first and then the contacts will be phoned.
- Please note that registrations are taken on a first come, first serve basis.
- Camp spots cannot be held without the completed registration form and full payment.
- All withdrawals are subject to a $10 administration fee. Any withdrawal after the 14 day time frame will be subject to a $25 charge per transaction. No exceptions can be made.
- Should camp need to be cancelled due to extreme weather you will be offered a refund for that day only.