History

The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA (HBSPCA) is committed to thriving animals, thriving pet families and thriving communities.

Founded in 1887, our mission was animal protection and our focus was working animals. Today, and guided by the human animal bond, the Society strives to keep people and pets together, help carers be the pet parents they want to be and be a voice for sentient beings who have none.

Community programs support animals and their people: pet visits with students living away from, children and youth with special needs and seniors; affordable spay neuter services for families with last access to services; veterinary care for pets belonging to our most vulnerable citizens; ambulatory care for cats to keep them at home; and health checks for at risk pets belonging to hospitalized senior citizens are but some of the ways.

The HBSPCA Companion Animal Hospital (CAH) is in its 11th year. The on site clinic provides affordable spay neuter services for more than 3500 owned pets every year. It supports a continuum of care for animals at the shelter and in foster care, just in time care for emergency and urgent cases, and end of life support for pet families who have no other option. The CAH is a learning site for veterinarians in training at the Ontario Veterinary College and coop students exploring animal welfare career paths.

HBSPCA service to community advances a humane community every day. It takes a village to make a difference. Consider joining with our donors, supporters, partners and volunteers who make it all possible.


Our Charitable Registration Number: 11923 6750 RR0001