Frequently Asked Questions

I have a pet that I can no longer care for. Can I bring it to the HBSPCA?

The HBSPCA does take in surrenders of owned animals that are adoptable if space is available in the shelter. An appointment must be arranged for a mandatory medical and behavioural assessment to be completed. There is a fee to surrender an animal to the HBSPCA depending the type of animal and its history. Please be advised that you may be placed on a waiting list if space is not available when you contact us.