The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA (HBSPCA) provides low cost, high quality spay/neuter surgeries for your feline friend.
We are currently NOT accepting applications for dog surgery. All dog surgeries are on hold until further notice. This page will be updated as soon as that changes.
Your pet will be provided with high quality care by one of our licensed and skilled veterinarians and registered veterinary technicians. Our supplies and medications are the same as those available at any other veterinary hospital. All animals are provided with long lasting pain medication that’s administered during surgery , and have the same procedure as they would at a regular hospital.
We are able to keep our prices as low as we do for several reasons:
- Our clinic is a high quality/high volume clinic – whereas many clinics will do only a few surgeries a day we focus only on spay and neuter services
- Our organization is a registered charity, which means we save on some taxes that would have to be paid by a private business and are able to pass those savings along to you.
- Our clinic is non-profit as opposed to a business, where owners rightly expect to make a profit for their work in the business.
Please read this information below carefully before booking an appointment for your pet. Be sure to check eligibility criteria.
Services & Eligibility
The HBSPCA Companion Animal Hospital provides spay/neuter surgery for healthy cats and dogs on an appointment basis. Surgery happens at our onsite Companion Animal Hospital.
Pet owners pre-register for the procedure, pre pay, and bring their pet to the shelter for a pre scheduled drop off and pick up time
In order for your pet to be eligible for surgery they must meet the following criteria:
- Pets must be between four months and five years of age.
- Pets must not be coughing or sneezing.
- Pregnant cats can be spayed, but the pregnancy will be terminated at the time of surgery.
- We strongly recommend that your animal is vaccinated prior to surgery to prevent them contracting a contagious disease.
- Our program is currently only available to residents of Hamilton/Burlington
What is included/fee schedule
– Spay or Neuter $125
– Complementary Rabies vaccine
– Complementary FVRCP vaccine
– Complementary Microchip
– Complementary dose Revolution
– Complementary E-Collar (Cone) for the girls
Want to help another cat in need? Round up your payment to $130 to Spay it Forward and help another community cat in need.
Surgery add ons
- Blood Work : $84.95
We now offer a wellness blood work option to all our spay/neuter clients. Blood work is currently being done during surgery and is available for both cats and dogs. By doing the blood work, you will also have the option to purchase further pain management outside of the 24 hours that we already provide. *Please note this is not mandatory and the pain management we provide with surgery is a sufficient amount. We just know some of our furry friends and their owners would appreciate the little extra help.
- Cat Carriers: $10.00
If you are in need of a cat carrier to securely transport your feline to and from surgery, we have gently used carriers for sale at reception for $10.00- while supplies last. We do not recommend soft carriers.
Booking an appointment
To book an appointment please download the application here The application is fillable online and can be emailed to email@example.com Once your application has been received you will be contacted to make payment and schedule a surgery date. Please note that we currently have a wait time of 4-6 weeks for cat appointments and we are NOT accepting new dog applications. We will update the website once we open back up for dog applications.
There will be a $25 admin fee charged for all refund requests.
Pets must be fasted the night before surgery, please remove food at 6pm the night before surgery. Always provide water for your pet.
You will be provided with a check-in time prior to your appointment. It is important that you arrive on-time. We ask that you please arrive at the HBSPCA Companion Animal Hospital with your cat in a secure cat carrier. Please label your carrier with your name and phone number.
Male Cats Drop off at 7:45am & 8:00am and pick up at 2:30pm & 2:45pm
Female Cats Drop off at 8:00am & 8:15am and pick up at 2:45pm & 3:00pm
You will be provided with a pick-up time prior to your appointment. Upon discharge, you will be provided with post-op instructions. If you have any questions or concerns directly related to the surgery during the recovery period, please call 905 574-7722 ext 410. If there is an emergency after hours, please contact your nearest emergency clinic.
The HBSPCA does NOT offer declawing