STAY AT HOME ORDER: UPDATE FROM THE HAMILTON BURLINGTON SPCA
The work we do at the HBSPCA is essential and we want to assure you that we will continue to operate our programs and services in line with all Public Health safety protocols and measures. As regulations change, we will make sure to keep everyone informed on the status of our operations.
The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA understands and shares the concerns of our community regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the very real impact it has on our families, friends and colleagues. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation, anticipating requirements for the health and safety of the animals, our volunteers, our staff and the community we serve and we continue to adjust and adapt.
Following the announcement from the Ontario Government this week regarding stay-at-home order we are making the following changes at the HBSPCA:
- We remain open for:
- Animals at risk identified by Provincial Inspectors and for whom a safe-haven is required
- URGENT pet surrenders. If you as a guardian have an urgent need to consider surrendering a pet in your care, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- URGENT end of-life-care. Please email email@example.com .
- Contact-free adoption pick-up.
- Food is available to registered colony cat caregivers; email firstname.lastname@example.org for pick-up.
- Our website, Facebook and Instagram pages are up to date with the latest information.
- The shelter will continue to be safely staffed to care for animals on site, in foster families and for animals in distress requiring immediate attention.
- We will take a pause on appointments for Rabies vaccines and microchips. We will re-establish these services as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Our low-cost cat spay/neuter surgeries will continue, with curbside drop-off and pick-up, and with a few minor adjustments to our schedule. We will not be taking new surgery applications for the time being, however, if you have already submitted your application, we will contact you. We will update our website and social media when we are accepting new applications.
During these very challenging times we want to thank you for your continued support. We are truly all in this together.
Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home if possible.