Position Title: Youth Ambassador
Commitment: 2-3 hours per week, minimum 6-month commitment
Accountability: Report to Manager, Volunteer Services
The Youth Ambassador program provides an opportunity for students aged 14-16 years to gain volunteer service hours while learning about the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA and engaging with other children and youth who are passionate about animal welfare.
The Successful Candidate
- People oriented person with an upbeat, positive, and outgoing personality
- Keen interest in animal welfare
- Comfortable speaking to groups of peers and children
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Understand the role of the HBSPCA in the community
- Create unique social media posts aimed at youth
- Assist in the development and facilitation of educational programming for children
- Motivate other youth to become involved in animal welfare
- Shows initiative and creative thinking
- Ability to follow through with commitments
- Strong computer proficiency
- Knowledge of animal care is an asset
Applications are currently closed for this session. Please check back in the Fall.
Note: This position primarily takes place from home until volunteers are able to safely be onsite at the HBSPCA shelter.